MOSQUITOMAX AT HOME
The health and safety of your home and family are absolutely essential when it comes to mosquito prevention and the residential use of pesticides, such as our signature mosquito misting systems and backpack barrier spray.
Our home mosquito prevention systems use the naturally derived, organic compounds, pyrethrin and pyrethroids. These have been used by men and women for decades because of their insecticidal and insect-repelling properties. They are equally well known for their low toxicity to both animals and humans and were first used in livestock barns.
HIGHEST RATED Form of Mosquito Prevention
Our products and services are fully supported by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as noted on the EPA’s resource page on Mosquito Misting Systems.
- “EPA, as well as Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and many mosquito control professionals, believe that a combination of approaches generally known as Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is most effective at combating mosquito populations.”
- “EPA does not expect risks of concern to humans when these chemicals are used in outdoor residential systems according to labeling specific for use in these systems.”
- “Pesticide labels provide instructions for proper handling, use, and application rates of the product, and precautions to protect people and the environment.”
- Like any pesticide, however, “excessive use or accidents may pose risks. No pesticide should be regarded as 100% risk-free.”
COMMON SENSE IS KEY
When it comes to the safety of your family, pets, and home, the bottom line is to use common sense. Our systems are designed to mist 1-3 minutes every 12 or 24 hours when mosquitoes are most active, typically at dawn and dusk.
If, however, you find yourself present when the misters come on, we recommend leaving the area until the misting is complete and for a short time after that for the mist to settle, disperse, and lose its initial potency.
Additionally, we encourage parents to teach their children to avoid the mist, as well as to keep pets indoors when misting.
Above all, do NOT intentionally breathe in the chemicals.
Tips for the Safe Use & Installation of Mosquito Misting Systems
When installed and operated within these guidelines, mosquito misting systems, especially when paired with a larvicide, are the safest and most effective means of home mosquito prevention.
In regards to the pesticides themselves, pyrethrins and pyrethroids are ideal because they have a very short residual life span. They turn inert immediately after drying and, very shortly after, lose their potency. Both sunlight and rain quickly degrade and wash these products away. Our systems target mosquitos when they are most active and when humans are typically not present.
For best use and safety, always follow these best practices:
- Use professional installation & service technicians.
- Ensure the system is calibrated to apply the recommended amount of insecticide.
- Make sure nozzles spray towards the target area and away from eating/cooking areas, pools, and fish ponds.
- Place nozzles less than 10ft from ground to reduce chemical drift.
- Ensure reservoir and operating system are securely locked and inaccessible to children and pets at all times.
- Read and understand the safety guidelines.
- Never apply when people, pets, or food are present.
- Set timers for when people and pets will not be present.
- Be a good neighbor. Prevent chemical drift.
- Regularly maintain and inspect the system.
- Turn system off when not needed for an extended period.
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY
Our tankless mosquito misting systems are fully secure and contained at all times. Access to the insecticide should only occur during service, which should be provided by a qualified professional.
Nevertheless, when not properly installed, operated, or stored by a professional, unforeseen incidents may lead to a chemical exposure that may be harmful to you, your family, pets, others, and the environment.
The EPA recommends these steps in responding to a potential or real emergency situation.
EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTION OR LEAK?
- Unplug the system. Contact your installation company ASAP. Our direct line is 281.579.2525.
- Depending on your specific malfunction or leak, you may be given specific safety precautions.
- Always keep people and pets away from pesticides and pesticide equipment.
Our mosquito prevention system is specifically designed to prevent ‘accidental’ ingestion or exposure. In the rare instance that this should occur, however, please follow these recommended safety steps:
- Contact the Texas Poison Center Network 1-800-222-1222
- Follow instructions or call local emergency services.
After the immediate danger is addressed, contact us at 281.579.2525 to service the system, or help clean up the pesticide.
Call Now to Schedule Service or Inspection
In addition to the safe and secure installation and maintenance of our own mosquito prevention systems, we offer a full range of repair and maintenance services for all mosquito misting systems. Our annual service plans provide proactive management of your mosquito misting system to ensure maximum safety and comfort in your back own backyard.
If you have a system installed by another company, or perhaps installed one yourself, but aren’t sure if it’s working properly, please let us know. We’ll be happy to schedule a maintenance visit to inspect your system, make whatever adjustments are needed, refill your reservoir, and ensure maximum safety for your home and loved ones.
We look forward to helping you maintain a safe, mosquito-controlled environment. Call us today at 281.579.2525 to learn more about our full range of mosquito prevention products and services.